Re: Defeating DoS Attacks Through Accountability

  • From: Mark Prior
  • Date: Sat Nov 11 04:49:43 2000

     Where does asymetric routing fit into your vision of heaven?

     The main large scale use I have seen of route filters is by a large
     Australian provider which uses them to enforce it's interconnect charging.
     It tends to break a couple of smaller ISPs every week ( and larger ones
     every month).

It's not the route filters per se, it's the fact that the principle we
use is if you don't announce the route to us we won't accept traffic
sourced by that network. Saying that you are the source for the
network but not advertising the route doesn't cut it.

Mark.