Re: 10.x.x.x networks

  • From: Chris Cappuccio
  • Date: Fri Nov 10 18:11:37 2000

No. IPs are just numbers. Who cares what segment you use.  The only
reason you wouldn't want to use the first or last part of a subnet is if you
have machines running very, very old software (like a Cisco router that won't
do ip subnet-zero)

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Michael Long wrote:

 | I've been having a friendly arguement with some friends at work about
 | wheather it's right or wrong to use 10.255.255.0/24 for a network.
 | Technically it should work, but during our conversations we keep coming
 | back to best practiced IP schemes. I'm wondering what others think about
 | this. Is using 10.255.255.0/24 and possibly the reverse 10.0.0.0/24 bad
 | practice?
 |
 | Mike

---
Rev. Chris Cappuccio -=- http://www.dqc.org/~chris/

"If you don't turn on to politics, politics will turn on you"
       - Ralph Nader