RE: DoS attacks, NSPs unresponsiveness (fwd)

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Tue Nov 07 23:54:11 2000

Jim,
I'm sure glad C&W is 24/7 could you publish a phone number that atleast
other providers could use to get intouch with the proper security element
in your org? I spent 4 hours today trying to get to an engineer who could
help me track an attack through corerouter1.blookington.cw.net and got
bounced through  your NOC, your leased line crew, your contact at MCI
(yeah, that was fun), your managed firewall services crew, two other
engineers I had to explain what a Syn Attack was and finally got hung up
on by someone who has yet to call me back...

Perhaps you can call me to get this track finished? (Since it's still
going strong at over 5kpps?)

--Chris

## UUNET Technologies, Inc.                          ##
## Manager					     ##
## Customer Router Security Engineering Team         ##
## (W)703-289-8479 (C)703-283-3734 		     ##