Re: BOF on MPLS peering?

  • From: hardie
  • Date: Mon Nov 06 11:26:10 2000

The spec on this really isn't done yet.

draft-ietf-mpls-bgp4-mpls-04.txt has the current thinking on how to do
this using BGP to carry the labels between ASes, but the
implementations don't seem to be there yet.  One of our guys, Diarmuid
Flynn, added code to the route servers that would allow them to work
with this, but so far we haven't been able to find router vendors who
can provide us an image against which to test this.

I think a BOF on how this would work operational would be valuable,
so that we get interprovider agreement that BGP is/is not the
best way to carry this stuff around.  If you are proposing it
for the Feb Nanog, there might even be early code to go through.

			regards,
				Ted Hardie
				Equinix