Re: RADWare Linkproof? (or better ways to multihome)

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Sun Nov 05 04:57:43 2000

> The cost issue is one reason why I'm shopping around.
>
> 1 RADWare Linkproof: $10k list (we would buy two for redundancy)
> 1 Cisco 7206VXR/NPE300 with four Fast e-net links: $33k

Add the option of an idustrialised PC running OpenBSD, zebra(/old-gated)
with one or more DLink 570TX quad FE Ethernet cards. The 32 PCI bus will be
the eventual bottleneck, but that's up in the almost wire-speed area for
(cough) "normal" sized packets.

There are lots of people who will offer "commercial grade" (I use the quotes
for sarcasm WRT to some router vendors) support on this, and it works very
well.

Make it two boxes for H/W redundandy, and you will still get change out of
US$5,000.

Peter