RE: a quick about mibs/5300's

  • From: Jason Young
  • Date: Fri Nov 03 13:16:12 2000

Total lines is a little hard because there are times when all the interfaces
you have (and configured and up) aren't active. We have in a few rural POPs
where GTE will turn up a channelized T1 with 16 active phone lines, with all
24 timeslots active.

Current call count is easy. We use something like this for MRTG (linebreaks
inserted for clarity):

Target[whatever]:   1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0:[email protected] + \
                    1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0:[email protected]
MaxBytes[whatever]: 184
Title[whatever]:    Dialup traffic in Whateverville

This will graph total line usage across two AS5300s hosting 4 PRIs each.

Here are some things you should snmpwalk if you have the time and
inclination to find interesting and useful things. Some of these stats are
cool to have in MRTG.

enterprises.cisco.ciscoExperiment.ciscoPopMgmtMIB
 useful dial POP info

enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoModemMgmtMIB
 in-depth info on connections

enterprises.cisco.temporary.6.11.1
 router inventory with serial numbers, good for record-keeping
 haven't been able to find a MIB for text descriptions on this one

enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoEnvMonMIB
 temperature, redundant power, environment data as available

Jason Young
Access US Chief Network Engineer