RE: Security on a home DSL Line

  • From: Dennis Dayman
  • Date: Fri Nov 03 11:24:41 2000

> Hmm.. Zone Alarm is a nice product, but I'd prefer to use
> BlackIce Defender
> for all my Wintel boxes.

When I was Director at SBCIS we dev/null complaints coming in from BlackICE.  It tends to report unnecessary information or attempts.  It said things about TCP 80, it would report customers other windows boxes on the same home DSL line doing netbios, and sometimes depending on their mail client setup's would report them check their own E-Mail.

Thanks
Dennis Dayman
Senior Consultant
Consulting Services Group at MAPS