Re: Security on a home DSL Line

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Fri Nov 03 00:07:51 2000

"James M. Shuler III" wrote:

> Bang for the buck and the cost of my time:
>
> Netgear rt311. Nice box, plugs in with NAT and filter and works, allowing
> for customized config at liesure. Simple dual ethernet with web config and
> telnet CLI with outrageous options for the measly $100.

I like the Netgear RH348 ISDN router I have now, except... I can't turn the
telnet interface off.

And I don't want people to have access to it, and this is on my home PC,
so I don't really need remote access.

--
** To all who asked: The Chow now has a good home! Tnx for your interest **
Steve Sobol, BOFH, President    888.480.4NET 866.DSL.EXPRESS 216.619.2NET