Re: DoS attacks, NSPs unresponsiveness

  • From: Ariel Biener
  • Date: Thu Nov 02 22:30:50 2000

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, dies wrote:

  Still, the basic rules of connecting to a network provider should be
implemented correctly (if you can come close to eliminating spoofed
attacks - identifying where an attack comes from becomes alot easier,
don't you agree ?).

  My goal was not just to mutter. I thank UUnet for providing the details,
and I will make sure these phone numbers are properly used. My goal was to
create a framework that will define how to properly define your networking
equipment when you connect to a NSP, and what the NSPs should do in order
to protect themselves and their customers.

  As I said, there are experienced and knowledgeable people on this
list. I am anticipating your responses, and insights.

thanks,

--Ariel