Re: Defeating DoS Attacks Through Accountability

  • From: Mark Mentovai
  • Date: Thu Nov 02 20:56:04 2000

Simon Lyall wrote:
>Where does asymetric routing fit into your vision of heaven?

It's a non-issue.  This is an important point, I'm not advocating widespread
use of "ip verify unicast reverse-path," although I see how my discussion of
BGP may have led people to that conclusion.  Providers would permit packets
with source addresses that their customers are allowed to generate, which
can be the same as or some superset of the source addresses that they are
allowed to announce via BGP.  "Best path," and the actual routing for that
matter, never enters into the equation.

Mark