Re: Security on a home DSL Line

  • From: Bryan Pace
  • Date: Thu Nov 02 20:39:52 2000

Free is a nice price, but if you want a simple drop in firewall.. take a
look at the low end product from Sonicwall.

I've got one of the SoHo-10 models.. and for around $400 ... it was a lot
easier for me than configuring a software solution.

I haven't had any throughput problems on a 1.5/1.5 DSL circuit .. and web
based configuration makes filtering and reporting exceedingly easy. Take a
look.

A side note would be that many of the major DSL CPE's have firewall sets
(Pipelines, Flowpoints, Netopia come to mind) included in them .. though
getting the ISP to enable them may be difficult.
                                            - Bryan