Re: RADWare Linkproof? (or better ways to multihome)

  • From: Barton F. Bruce
  • Date: Thu Nov 02 19:50:36 2000

> Um, you've got a 26xx series Cisco taking multiple full views?  (The
> subject does say "or better ways to multihome".)

I certainly don't, but have techie home users, must-stay-up.com, and
smaller ISPcustomers that used to be able to take full routes in 26xx
routers but now filter to keep a modest set of routes to optimize some
of the outgoing and then have default routes to handle the rest.

Has anyone actually TRIED 128 meg in a 2621? Remember there have been
undocumented capabilities in the past. A newer 4500 thatis actually
built from a 4700 motherboard does take 64 meg (the earlier ones
didn't).

Cisco now says don't cross memory between 262x and 265x. Is this a true
no-no, or simply cisco not wanting you to make a nice discovery.