Re: DoS attacks, NSPs unresponsiveness

  • From: J Bacher
  • Date: Thu Nov 02 12:07:39 2000

> > Some suggestions:
>
> A response I get is that they won't do it because it has a negative
> performance impact on their routers.  They blame the router vendors.
> Suggestion 5), someone calculate what performance penalty there is for
> typical router configurations when these filters are applied.  Show some
> performance numbers that make the case for or against filtering.

I've seen the same concerns.  Point is, if an individual is concerned
enough to identify what is perceived as a serious problem, then the
indivdiual also needs to identify potential solutions.  If those solutions
require sufficient data for justification -- fine.  If not, then what is
the point of complaining?