Re: DoS attacks, NSPs unresponsiveness

  • From: Ariel Biener
  • Date: Wed Nov 01 23:25:54 2000

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Ariel Biener wrote:

 Hi,

  One addendum to my mail. I am well aware of how some of you react to the
combination of the "I" "R" "C" letters. That is a nice way of avoiding the
problem.

  There are other examples. For example, it seems that lately, Israeli
sites are attacked by nameless individuals, taking down whole networks on
their way, just because they hate Israel.

  In the last Ten-155 meeting kast month, I also heard from them, who run
the whole european academic internetworking backbone, that UUnet is
totally unresponsive to their abuse requests as well.

  So, I plea you not to discard my e-mail, and the issues it brings up
with the usual "irc is bad for you" excuse, just because I gave that
example to begin with.

--Ariel

--
Ariel Biener
e-mail: [email protected]           Work phone: 03-6406086