RE: RADWare Linkproof? (or better ways to multihome)

  • From: rick
  • Date: Wed Nov 01 12:07:04 2000

have you considered getting 2 ranges (1 from each provider) and then getting
agreements from each where they cross advertise your allocated ranges out,

e.g.

ISP 1 advertises its own /19 + /23 allocated to you from ISP2
ISP 2 advertises its own /19 + /23 allocated to you from ISP1

Some ISP's will not do this but I do know some of the big boys in the UK
will do it and the US is where we first saw this idea in us.

Then load each server across an address out of each range

This then gives you full redundancy of running BGP without the expense or
without requiring the in house expertise

Thanks

Richard Smith
Firstnet
email: [email protected]
******

The views expressed in the email and files transmitted with it are those of
the individual, not the company. If you have received this email in error
please notify [email protected]