RE: InterNAP?

  • From: Spolidoro, Guilherme
  • Date: Tue Oct 31 08:54:48 2000

Since they don't own the backbone, their SLAs apply only to their PNAPs,
i.e. they cannot guarantee performance, packet loss, delay, outages, etc
over somebody else's backbone (e.g. Sprint, UUNet, AT&T, etc).

Many large enterprises are leveraging on the Internet to deploy VPN
connectivity between company sites as a replacement for Frame Relay or ATM
PVCs. In such cases, it's very important to make sure that the service comes
with the right SLAs.