Re: InterNAP?

  • From: Mike Johnson
  • Date: Mon Oct 30 18:50:40 2000

Tom Schmidt [[email protected]] wrote:

> InterNap has some technology to avoid congested peering points. Does this
> technology actually work?  Isn't it impossible to avoid these peering
> points?  What are your experiences with InterNAP?

I'm not a customer, but I spoke with a salesdriod there.  All they do
is go in, set up their own geographicly disperse private peering points
and link them together with their private backbone.  They set these
things up by buying service from the other large backbone folk.  The
idea being that, in general, if they can get their traffic onto the same
backbone that the end user is connected to, then it's avoided the
public peering points.  It's a good theory.  Dunno if it works.

Mike
--
Mike Johnson
Network Engineer / iSun Networks, Inc.