Re: whois

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Tue Oct 24 22:41:43 2000

	In my specific case, yes, although I've worked w/ some
	organizations that have taken the approach described.
	Takes some time but once credibility is established,
	its easier to work with folk to curb undesirable behaviours.
	Trouble is, there is no consistant, globally accepted
	definition of "acceptable behaviour", just like there is no
	common definition of pornography other than "I know it when
	I see/smell/taste/hear it". Hence the wide variention in
	AUP & policy.  that said, diverstity is good & bounds checking is
	a mark of a prudent ISP.