Re: decreased caching efficiency?

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Sat Oct 21 02:11:24 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:

> > If folks running networks really think website designers and owners
> > should care about caching, then there needs to be some sort of benefit
> > (perhaps paid in dollars) to those affected. Otherwise, there's little
> > reason for them to care.
>
> 	Think again.  When potential customers dollars walk to the
> competition, you will start caring.  I'm not going to pay you so that
> my customers can visit your site and buy things from you -- that's
> completely out of the question.
>
> 	--msa

Your customers are paying YOU to provide end-to-end connectivity on the
internet.  If that involves a settlement based peering arrangement, you're
saying that it is completely out of the question?

Have fun with your non-connected network.  I'm betting on your customers
dollars will RUNNING to the competition.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc