Re: DC Zoning Commission planning to limit carrier hotels?

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Fri Oct 20 15:22:43 2000

[email protected] wrote:

>         http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A41553-2000Oct19.html

> Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> // 818.535.5024 voice

Interesting article. Cleveland has no such facilities YET. The abandoned
former May Company (now Kauffmann's) department store downtown,
and the partially empty Dillard's, are located on Public Square in the
heart of downtown. They are pretty large spaces, and I imagine the new
tenants will be welcomed with open arms.

>From an economic point of view, I can understand why the city leaders
might be against something like this, but isn't it better to have the space

rented out than sitting empty, even if the rental of the space creates only

a few jobs?

--
North Shore Technologies, Cleveland, OH  http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net
Steve Sobol, BOFH - President, Chief Website Architect and Janitor