Re: decreased caching efficiency?

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Fri Oct 20 14:36:52 2000

Hey gang,

This discussion is so unbelievably out of control.. ;)  At least we're still
true to the good old NANOG tradition of scope creep.

Why are we discussing manipulating content instead of just transport caching?
Can we please stop this non-sense?  Including the myriads of pseudo copyright
lawyers on this list, and the large number of falsehoods they portray as
facts...  GO AWAY.

A properly working cache should not ever deliver the page differently to the
recipient than the originator intended.

If it does, it's by definition not a cache.  Cache's do not alter, they just..
well,.. cache.  Everything else is not caching.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christian Kuhtz                                     Architecture, BellSouth.net
<[email protected]> -wk, <[email protected]> -hm                       Atlanta, GA