Re: decreased caching efficiency?

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Thu Oct 19 14:06:34 2000

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> Not every body likes spy-ware :
>
> http://www.buzzwaves.com/article.pl?sid=00/10/18/1325217&mode=thread

* I hardly consider a gif on a website spyware, considering that
  the rest of the webpage contains gifs that would return just
  the same information

and

* Thats with email, not web. With web, you request a page which contains
  images. With email, you request a piece of email. If the email manages
  to escape its little email sandbox, thats the fault of the people who
  wrote the client.

"spyware" is the wrong term here. "improving client access times"
and "decreasing bandwidth requirements" are the right terms here..

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"It was then that I knew that I wouldn't
<[email protected]>	    die, as a doctor wouldn't fart in front