RE: the new 6509 OSR

  • From: baburn - Bart Burns
  • Date: Thu Oct 19 10:34:45 2000

We are about to purchase several of these OSR's.  Here is what we know about
the OSR.  If you look at the roadmap for the OSR, Cisco is positioning this
platform to be the next 75xx class device only it will be for high-speed
connectivity at DS-3 or greater.  It will scale all the way to OC-192 or 10
Gig Ethernet.  The main reason we are looking at the OSR vs a plain jane
6509 is because the OSR can serve as a high-speed ingress point to the MPLS
backbone that we are about to deploy.  The OSR interfaces have deeper
interface buffers than the plain 6509.

Bart Burns
Network Engineer
Acxiom Corporation