Re: New Peering Point Mailing Lists

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Mon Oct 09 08:28:45 2000

>	There was some effort started at the last RIPE mtg to ensure that
>	(at least for the European Exchanges) this data was collected
>	and made available online. There are some issues with making
>	such data available for US exchanges and I've not heard back
>	about Asian ones yet.

I sometimes find it hard to comprehend the attitude of some suppliers.
"Yes, we've got a service, that we might be able to sell to you, but we
can't publicly tell you anything about it".

If the supplier doesn't wish to make that information public themselves,
then I don't see that there can be a problem with their customers publicly
saying how much they're paying/where they're connected/etc, as long as
their contract with said supplier doesn't contain an NDA covering such
information.

> I expect that at least for the Euro
> sites, we will have online in the very near future the types
> of data you are looking for.

That would be very useful, thanks!

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516