Re: BGP Confederations

  • From: Robert Raszuk
  • Date: Wed Oct 04 22:57:14 2000

Hi ccie10,

Have you considered reflectors ? The configuration is trival and
migration easy. Is your reason for confederations partitioning based on
the need to run multiple IGP instances in your network ? If so what IGP
are you running today (having full mesh of ibgp) and how big is the
network we are talking about here ?

I am asking as I wonder why scaling ibgp mesh with reflectors was not
chosen as the prefered option.

R.