RE: qwest/JFK meltdown

  • From: Dave Cahill
  • Date: Mon Oct 02 12:26:49 2000

I have just talked to someone senior at Qwest regarding the problem at their
JFK router and according to him the problem is Cisco related.  They have a
couple of cases open with Cisco right now and have already swapped out some
of the line cards.

He stated his team has identified a trend of hardware problems with the VIP
250, 12 port DS3 cards and GigE.  He wasn't very happy but they are working
on it.

It appears they are having a lot of stability problems with Cisco but it
still remains to be seen how quickly they fix this problem.  The Qwest
ticket number for JFK router is # 79806 and they have also opened a ticket
to monitor the JFK router # 79972 for anyone interested in calling Qwest for
additional information.

David Cahill