Re: Disabling QAZ (was Re: Port 139 scans)

  • From: Travis Pugh
  • Date: Sat Sep 30 11:44:59 2000

I think hosting a DDoS tool or disruptive trojan is a violation of my
AUP.  I've only found one copy on a customer network, but they seem to
respond well to the "run this .reg file and remove this file to clean your
box or we'll pull the plug" email ... it really doesn't seem to be the
ISPs job to clean our customer's machines, but it is our job to enforce
acceptable use policies.  Why not use that, and leave it up to the
customer to comply or not (with the documented penalties for
noncompliance).

-travis