Re: 64 Megs of Memory...

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Fri Sep 29 18:56:28 2000

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, scott w wrote:
> Saw more than that from one of the big boys today.
> %BGP-4-MAXPFX: Number of unicast prefixes received from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> reaches 96857

sprint does this to us every few weeks. never seen it from any of our
other links.

> "neighbor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx maximim-prefix" is your friend...  ;-)

maximum-prefix sucks because it kills your session, but sucks less than
killing the entire bgp router process. i wish there was an option to simply
drop announcements over the limit rather than killing the session.

-Dan