Re: Disabling QAZ (was Re: Port 139 scans)

  • From: Dana Hudes
  • Date: Fri Sep 29 17:08:59 2000

ISPs must shut off service to infected clients until they repair the damage.
A user in such situation can telnet to their own port 7597 and type the commands.
If they want service back, that's what they have to do.
If they can't handle it or can't be bothered then they can't have service because it is an AUP violation.
doesn't matter how big or small the provider, you are helping your own uninfected customers because
the behavior seems to be to scan local netblocks.

Aggressive action is required because things are going to get worse if it is not taken.