RE: Disabling QAZ (was Re: Port 139 scans)

  • From: Carter, Gregory
  • Date: Fri Sep 29 16:51:37 2000

Greetings,

The windows 2000 resource kit comes with a small tool that will add/remove/list
shares on a machine.  It is called share.vbs and works on other 2k boxes
however I have not yet tried it on windows 9x platforms.  It might be worth
looking into however obviously the legalities of such actions still remain
unfortunately.

Cheers,

Greg

| infoDNS                                      http://www.infodns.com/ |
| Senior Network Administrator                bits/keyID 1024/7DF9C285 |
| Register your domain name today for only $15/yr.                     |
+--------[  DC 50 57 59 C3 76 46 E8 EB 75 A8 94 FE 96 9E D3 ]----------+