Re: NANOG 20 River Rafting *unofficial* Trip

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Thu Sep 28 11:44:58 2000

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Steven J. Sobol wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Kinnith Wallace wrote:
>

> > Sean Donelan> The rafting trip looks cool too.
> >
> > Yeah, and US$ 25 is great!  But you have to sign up for 3 years of rafting.
> > And whatever happened to 100 free hours?  :]
>
> CoreComm offers unlimited rafting for $9.95 per month with no contract and
> no proprietary software to install. Other ISP's offer similar packages for
> $10-20 per month.
>
> Also, if you sign up through an ISP, the raft actually moves much more
> quickly. If you sign up through AOL, connections to Keyword "River" seem
> to be quite sluggish.
>
> > (Forgive me, Ron.)
>
> I make no apologies for the above wisecracks. ;)

Come on guys.  AOL has made great strides in recent years to make sure
there are sufficient boatramps to ingress egress the river.  Sure, it took
the entire rafting community joining together to convince them this was in
their best interest but, they caught on.

And with their aquisition of "I sink You", we can even send distress
messages to each other although in class 4 rapids, I doubt if we'll have
time prior to seeing the blue screen of death.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc.