Re: Port 139 scans

  • From: Jason Slagle
  • Date: Wed Sep 27 14:49:05 2000

Partially correct.

It's a worm..

Windows likes to share drives with no passwords.  This worm just logs into
those shares, and copies itself into like autoexec.bat.  Next boot it
infects your system.

On a somewhat related note, since we obviously have AOL people living and
they now own ICQ.  irc.icq.com has been used for weeks for these kiddies
to store various ddos clients on.  Take a look at #0wned.  All compromised
machines.  There are no live opers to deal with it, and emails to
[email protected] go unanswered.

Is there any way we can deal with things like this?

Jason

---
Jason Slagle - CCNA - CCDA
Network Administrator - Toledo Internet Access - Toledo Ohio
- [email protected] - [email protected] - WHOIS JS10172