Re: Inventor of the Internet Technology / Father of Modern Day Networking

  • From: Bill Becker
  • Date: Wed Sep 27 13:22:17 2000

Actually, it was i who invented the internet.  Back in 1973 it sort of sprang
into my mind one day as i gazed at ripples on a pond and snacked on a bag of
peyote buttons.  But then the wind introduced a randomness into the ripples
which was ugly and offended my sensibilities.  I decided right then to drop
the whole idea.  In retrospect i'd have to say it was the right decision.

Speaking of the internet and the way it operates, is anyone else seeing a
large number of random hosts scanning through their address space using TCP
on port 139?

Bill