Re: HR 4445 Reciprocal Compensation (fwd)

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Tue Sep 26 00:04:57 2000

Nathan Stratton wrote:

> > I've been thinking about this and I think the CLECS and ISP's might be
> > benefitted by the passing of this.  I think this bill will do more to
> > hurt the ILECS then help them in the long run.
>
> The ILECs are like that, don't forget it was the ILECs who wanted
> reciprocal compensation and fought to make it as high as possible so they
> could make more money from CAPs like MFS.

I heard, on an Akron (Ohio) radio station today, an ad taken out by the
American ISP Association urging people to call their Akron-area
congresscritter (Tom Sawyer) to try to sway him to vote AGAINST HR
4445.

Things that make you go Hmmm... I might be misinformed, but I thought
HR4445 would benefit ISPs in some way.

--
North Shore Technologies, Cleveland, OH
http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net