Re: netscan.org update

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Mon Sep 25 12:13:33 2000

[ On Sunday, September 24, 2000 at 18:14:44 (-0400), Bennett Todd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: netscan.org update
>
> Does anybody have any evidence one way or another on whether
> spammers do or don't use ORBS to find relays?

I still get relayed spam that is not blocked by ORBS.

This would tend to suggest that some spammers are still searching for
their own relays, but of course doesn't say anything about whether or
not other spammers are using ORBS to find relays.

If I were a spammer I wouldn't use ORBS to find relays (why bother?
there are lots more out there and the ORBS ones are more likely to be
blocked already), but then I've never really had much luck trying to
think like a spammer in the past....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>