RE: netscan.org update

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Mon Sep 25 03:36:43 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 [email protected] wrote:

> Could you elaborate on this, please?  Granted, I'm a hosting shop and not a
> backbone network, but I'm running CEF on my border without complaint, and to
> apparent good effect.
>
> Is there some sort of lossage in doing so that I'm missing?
>
> John Fraizer wrote:
>
> >snip<
>

> > I have yet to find an easy way to implement CEF on the border that doesn't
> > break something in some funky way or another.
> >

> >snip<

In a BB situation and in some simple multihomed situations, it is possible
for someone to have a route into your network via an interface that for
administrative/technical reasons, you're not accepting routes to them via.
In such instances, CEF will break an otherwise valid, though be it
asymetric stream.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc