Re: netscan.org update

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Sun Sep 24 17:04:17 2000

It's sounding like what we're working our way around to is that two
separate BGP feeds would be needed:

1) One with an announcement of all of the /32s which are broadcast
addresses of amplifier networks, so that operators can route traffic
_destined_ for those /32s to Null0.

2) Another with an announcement of all of the whole blocks of amplifier
addresses, so that operators who choose to can create policy-routes which
specify that traffic _originating_ from those addresses (and which are
_also_ ICMP echo-replies, perhaps) gets policy routed to Null0.

I'd guess that feed #1 would be an easy sell, and that many fewer people
would use feed #2 as well, but both seem like good ideas.

                                -Bill