netscan.org update

  • From: Troy Davis
  • Date: Sat Sep 23 17:22:21 2000

Greetings,

netscan.org now has a list of the ASNs announcing the most smurf
amplifiers, available at: http://netscan.org/most-active-asns.html

It's not currently being dynamically generated, but it will be in the
next few weeks, when we will probably increase it to show the top 1000
and perhaps add more information (email address, number of amps,
average amplification, amps as a percentage of total class Cs being
announced).

Also, we're in the process of emailing the administrators of these ASNs;
about 20 have been notified so far and the other top ~230 will be
emailed this week.  Each email includes an introduction and current list
of amplifiers from that ASN.  It's sent to the ASN admin contact and
where possible, the NOC, abuse, and/or security contacts, since many
backbones have different departments for each.

We're also working on a list of amps sorted by ASN.  In the meantime,
if you administrate or are responsible for an ASN, email
[email protected] for a list of its amplifiers.

The other lists - one complete list sorted by IP address, one sorted by
# of responses, and a short list of the biggest top 2048 amps - are
regenerated each night with results from that day's scans.  Every day,
all known amplifiers are rechecked and periodically all routed class Cs
are checked.  The main netscan.org site links to these lists as well as
information on the attack.

Cheers,

Troy