RE: exponential route prefix growth, was: Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Sat Sep 23 00:28:22 2000
On 22 Sep 2000, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Cable&Wireless for one.  I worked with several customers who never used
> the /24's allocated by C&W, but even after repeatedly telling C&W we don't
> need them, C&W wouldn't take them back.  Every circuit came with a /24
> whether you needed it or not.

Was that recently or some time ago?  I have a client with pending orders
for a few C&W DS1's and they're giving him /27's at each site.  Each site
will have a T1/ethernet router doing NAT and VPN, so in theory, all that's
needed is the serial interface IP, but they really wanted to give him a
/27 per site, and we figure it's worth taking just in case we eventually
want to give something a public IP at one of these sites.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |