Renaissance Hotel full? (fwd)

  • From: Carol Wadsworth
  • Date: Fri Sep 22 16:54:26 2000

Simon,

Your travel agent was unfortunately misinformed by a
reservation agent.  As you may know, this has been a
reoccurring problem.  I just confirmed the following
information with each hotel noted below:

---------------
Renaissance Washington D.C. Hotel

Since so many people have had difficulty making room
reservations at the Renaissance (the NANOG meeting site),
the hotel has extended the reservation cut-off date to
September 28, and has the following rooms still available
in the NANOG room block:

	Saturday, October 21 (7 rooms)
	Sunday, October 22 (11 rooms)
	Saturday, October 23 (10 rooms)

Please call the hotel directly to make/change a
reservation:  202-898-9000.

---------------
Marriott at Metro Center (Renaissance overflow hotel)

The NANOG block of rooms at the Marriott Metro Center on
Saturday night, October 21, is now booked.  The hotel is
currently sold out at the discounted rate.

---------------
Another alternative for lodging close by that currently has
some open space for $179 night:

   Courtyard by Marriott
   (two blocks from the Renaissance)
   900 "F" Street
   Washington, D.C.

   Telephone:  202-638-4600

Thanks for letting me know about your problem.  I would
have acted on it sooner, but I was out of the office
yesterday.  I hope you have better luck this time trying to
make a room reservation.

Carol Wadsworth
Merit Network, Inc.