Re: exponential route prefix growth, was: Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: Vijay Gill
  • Date: Fri Sep 22 15:49:53 2000

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Kai Schlichting wrote:

 [ http://www.employees.org/~tbates/cidr.plot.html for a plot ]

> of engineering experience announcing 32 /24's out of their scattered
> POPs in addition to their /19 aggregate because they can't get their
> load balancing right without it or have never heard of the 'NO_EXPORT'
> attribute (I could point fingers now)?

I suspect data from inside providers with aggressive filtering policies
might prove to be interesting.

Some promising local providers were past the 150k mark a while ago for sum
(internal + global bgp) routes and were growing superlinearly the entire
time because of the ever increasing number of customers.

/vijay