Re: White House Net security summit

  • From: Wayne Bouchard
  • Date: Thu Sep 21 21:41:05 2000

Is security in an environment where new applications are installed on
an almost daily basis something you can really regulate? In some
regards, the thought of Washington getting involved here scares
me.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 03:03:55PM -0700, Sean Donelan wrote:

> I guess if you snooze you loose.  For anyone who didn't know from MSNBC
>
>  "A group of key high-tech executives agreed at a White House meeting earlier
>   today to move forward on a plan to set minimum security standards for big
>   companies that connect to the Internet, MSNBC.com has learned. The meeting
>   was attended by Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Boeing, the National Security Agency
>   and U.S. Secretary of Commerce Norm Mineta."

Wayne Bouchard                                    [Immagine Your    ]
[email protected]                                      [Company Name Here]
Network Engineer
http://www.typo.org/~web/resume.html