Re: Renaissance Hotel full?

  • From: David Lesher
  • Date: Thu Sep 21 18:10:55 2000

Unnamed Administration sources reported that RJ Atkinson said:

> >You might take a cab while hauling luggage.
>
> Luggage is permitted anytime on Metro and is
> pretty commonly done since National Airport and
> Union Station are both on Metro.  I wouldn't
> suggest trying it during rush hours though.

I meant from Silver Spring Metro to the hotel.

I take luggage on the Metro regularly. It's a PITA during rush
hour, but doable. Key to the Metro are local manners: stay to the
right on the escalators, and when the train stop at your platform,
stand to the side of the doors to allow people to exit.

Also note: there are three airports in the region. Washington
National (DCA) has direct Metro service. BWI has weekday MARC-train
service <http://www.mtamaryland.com/> with a free shuttle bus
to same. Dulles (IAD) is way off to the west, with limited public
transport, but there are limo-buses to the Metro & downntown.

There's no rational reason to rent a car and risk your sanity
driving.

--
A host is a host from coast to [email protected]