RE: o/t: Re: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

  • From: Tim Wolfe
  • Date: Thu Sep 21 14:39:36 2000

I think the point isn't so much that being UScentric is ok/not ok but rather
that for many providers, most of their DNS traffic is .com/.net related.
That being the case, there seems to be a good case for changes to
infrastructure for those TLDs being of interest to at least some NANOG
recipients...  I know that when I was still wearing my ISP hat, our DNS
traffic was about 80% composed of either com or net queries..

--Tim

      Timothy M. Wolfe  CCNA, NSA
  Sr. Network Engineer  [email protected]
   InfoGroup Northwest  541.485.0957 x108