-Yo, Nathan-

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Wed Sep 20 12:16:23 2000

> As for US, Manning setup the only sane structure but it met with great
> disdain for some reason unknown to me.  Too many dots is all I hear.
> Now it goes to the DOC and all those other three letters.  Quite a loss
> to the community.
>
> -Nathan Lane

	POC (point of clarification) - I'm not sure which Manning
you are refering to but being a bit hypersensitive here, I'd like to
inject an alternative view.

	Jon Postel, Anne Cooper, and Steve Hotz are (I believe)
	are the culprits behind the US. domain. I touched it briefly
	on two occasions, once to check a capability (yes, the following
	domain label did exist:

zz.yy.xx.ww.vv.uu.tt.ss.rr.qq.pp.oo.nn.mm.ll.kk.jj.ii.hh.gg.ff.ee.dd.cc.bb.aa.la.ca.us.  :)

	and once to upgrade zones to add the cruft for bind 8.
	Lots more could be done to/for the US domain, IMHO its
	a shame that USC/ISI could/would not devote the resources
	to ensuring a quality product.  One hopes for the best
	with the rebid.

--bill