RE: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

  • From: rdobbins
  • Date: Tue Sep 19 23:16:01 2000

Well, this is the *North American* list, after all.

Nobody's 'falling' for anything.  It's just that since they seem to be
willing to actually -tell- us about something before they do it, we ought to
encourage that trend, even though it's a good decade or more late in coming.

The .com and .net domains are certainly where the most money gets spent
online, I should think.  It may not be politically-correct to say so, but
those are the domains that still matter the most to the vast majority of
users and vendors.  Last time I checked, it was dedicated people at .com and
.net and .org domains - people like yourself - who've done the lion's share
of both the technical and organizational work which makes the whole thing
function.

This is changing, of course, but excepting Tim Berners-Lee and a few others,
I think it still holds true today.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of the whole .us discussions
currently being held.

Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> // 818.535.5024 voice