RE: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

  • From: rdobbins
  • Date: Tue Sep 19 21:50:48 2000

What part of 'TLD' don't you understand?

He's talking about a change to the root zone of the entire DNS for the three
most widely-used TLDs.  That's information any responsible operator would
like to be apprised of in advance of the referenced change.

Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> // 818.535.5024 voice

	Effective zone serial number 2000091901, f.root-servers.net
(192.5.5.241)
	will no longer be in the list as authoritative for com, net, org.
In its
	place d.gtld-servers.net (208.206.240.5) will be added as an
authoritative server
	for com, net, org.

	The new set of servers authoritative for these TLDs will be:
	A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.     198.41.0.4
	G.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.     198.41.3.101
	E.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.     207.200.81.69
	F.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.     198.17.208.67