RE: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

  • From: rdobbins
  • Date: Tue Sep 19 21:01:19 2000

Since we've all complained loudly and longly at one time or another about
the dearth of any operational information at all coming from NSI, I don't
think it's necessarily polite or prudent to slap them down just when they're
becoming open with us.

I'm grateful to Mr. Verd for making the effort to inform network operators
of changes in the DNS infrastructure, and hope that he continues to do so.
The more information we have, the better we're able to react to changes,
troubleshoot problems, etc.

In this particular case, I can see where information about root nameserver
changes might be of use in figuring out broken name resolution due to
caching issues, etc.

Kudos to NSI for letting us know about changes -before- they occur - keep up
the good work!

Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> // 818.535.5024 voice