Re: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

  • From: John Hawkinson
  • Date: Tue Sep 19 16:35:46 2000

> while i appreciate you folk trying to be open and give us all some info, it
> is not clear to me what you expect us to do with this info and therefore why
> you post it.

Randy,

	I appreciate knowing when the authoritative nameservers for the root
zone, and for zones like .COM, .NET, .ORG, and .EDU change.

> the only change that could occur that would require thought on my part would
> seem to be if the iana announced a change of the ip address of one of the
> root servers.  am i not understanding something?

Even in that case, thought would be pretty limited.

I think this is more useful than most of the mail to nanog.
On some level, it serves as a "be on the lookout for problems
that might inadvertantly result," as well.

--jhawk