Re: problems with uunet/worldcom/whoever-they-bought-this-week

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Tue Sep 19 02:23:17 2000

>i'm not sure, but a lot of major problems seem to have cropped up since
>uunet.ca dumped their local technicians and went dependent on the US-NOC.
>
>are other non-US uunet customers getting the same treatment?

Here in the UK, we've got our own NOC, but it doesn't always help.
Whenever we have a routing issue, the stock answer is "Oh, UUNet-US must
be doing some work on their routers. They never tell us what they're up
to".

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516